July 4th Bremerton to Seattle

Short but fun ride today.  Rode from our campsite at Illahee State Park to the Bremerton Ferry.  I took the ferry to Seattle and then rode to my brother’s place.  I made the ride more exciting by not looking up Mike’s address and just navigating by memory. It wasn’t that hard because I know he lives in East Lake.  So I found the lake and went east.  Met some cyclists on the ferry one couple who had just finished the loop I am doing.  I also met a guy named Daniel, he’s been on the road since October.  He rode from Chicago to San Diego and is now on is way to Canada and then he’s going to turn around and ride back.  Pretty incredible.  I am riding with him tomorrow on the first real leg of my trip.  Tomorrow I ride from Seattle to Sequim, 60-70 miles, could be brutal.  I’ve gone that far before but not with the kind of weight I’ll have tomorrow.

Had a great time at Mike’s.  His place over looks Lake Union and has a great view of Seattle’s fireworks display.  Shannon and Mike are great hosts.  Shannon’s folks, some friends were over as well.  Good times!

Dad and I are getting on well.  He is a meticulous planner and I am…not.  So we complement each other.  I keep Dad spontaneous he keeps me alive

1 comment:

  1. This is great Harmsie- You're doing it. I like the photo slide show, it gives your viewer a great visual of your adventure.

    I guess when you get back, riding from your house to the new school is going to be a breeze for you.

    I feel like I'm reading the first scripting that paved the way to the idea of Forest Gump... Ha! Keep it up Harmsie, I'm proud that you are doing, and accomplishing such an amazing feat.

    ReplyDelete